Intro



Rare or interesting bird sightings from outside our county will be shown on these pages. Photos or video links by birders from our area, or not, will all be welcome. Please send any photos or links to GlamRC@gmail.com if you would like them to be published here.

Thursday 13 September 2012

Spotted Crake at RSPB Greylake, Somerset


On my way to Greylake, I was thinking to myself this is going to be a nightmare waiting for this bird to show. On arrival at the mud-pan, and before I'd managed to take the scope from off my back, it walked into view. I spent about 2 1/2 hours watching it from first light and it spent almost half of that showing well, often right in the open and sometimes alongside Water Rail or Moorhen. I managed to take some video of it which can be found on the link below.

Spotted Crake video - click here

No comments: